CIC General Insurance (U) Ltd
We Keep Our Word
To help achieve the company’s objectives through proactive management of claims at an individual level and portfolio level, to manage costs, and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through a high level of claims management, resolution, and excellent customer service.
- Continuous and critical analysis of all claims information and ensure any adverse factors are identified for corrective action.
- Supervise, train, mentor, and coach staff within the department to ensure they remain motivated.
- Approving all payable claims to insureds and service providers within the set standards of service.
- Setting performance standards/ benchmarks for all parties and ensuring and ensuring delivery under the service level agreements
- Developing, documenting, and executing claims strategies and procedures taking into account emerging trends, potential outcomes, recoveries, and any associated costs.
- Ensure reserves are correctly set and regularly reviewed to reflect the current position of the company’s liability.
- Preparing and presenting accurate and timely management reports and statutory returns.
- Identifying, appointing, and maintaining a team of efficient and competent service providers.
- Resolving customers’ complaints and disputes swiftly and fairly to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Providing input to underwriters on review of potential or existing risks. Giving feedback on claims trends and their potential impact on the book.
- Liaising with company lawyers and management on matters of claims litigations
- To budget sufficient financial resources for the department, monitor and control the internal costs of running, and ensure that the department operates within the set budget.
- Drafting and making recommendations on insurance policy wordings in conjunction with other departments.
Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial science, statistics, Business administration, or any related field.
A diploma in Insurance is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience, two (2) of which at supervisory level.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical data analysis is an added advantage.
Essential Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
- Strategic thinker (E)
- Distinctive analytical skills (E)
- Superior negotiating skills (E)
- Excellent communication skills (E)
- Strong management and leadership skills (E)
- Relationship management (E)
- Excellent customer care (E)
Essential Behavioural Competencies:
- People management (E)
- Good coaching skills (E)
- Commercial awareness (E)
- Strong leadership skills (E)
- Outstanding cross-functional coordination ability (E)
- Ability to “constructively dissent” (E)
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization (E)
CIC Insurance Values:
CIC Insurance Group is committed to providing excellent service and spurring further growth, and employees are required to align their behavior to the following core values as critical to driving their performance.
- Integrity- Be fair and transparent
- Dynamism- Be passionate and innovative
- Performance- Be efficient and results-driven
- Co-operation- Live the Co-operative spirit