The new Workers’ Compensation Act provides that employers must provide compensation to employees’ injuries. The injury or disease must arise out of and in the course of employment. This policy therefore covers all employees regardless of position and salary.
Benefits as per the worker’ Compensation act 2000, are summarized as below.
- Death – 60 months’ earnings.
- Permanent total Disablement – 60 months’ earnings
- Permanent Partial Disablement – Percentages as set out in the Act of 60 months’ earnings, depending on the level of incapacity.
- Temporary Disablement – actual amount awarded having taken into account the period of disablement and financial loss suffered.
- Medical Expenses – Actual and reasonably spent but limited to Shs 1m.
With a list of all your employees, permanent and casual, showing their designations and salary, we would be in position to quote for this risk.