This is a low cost funeral expense cover for self and immediate family members that caters for burial expenses and monthly family upkeep, for 3 consecutive months, thereafter upon the demise of the policy holder
Why CIC Kameeza Policy
This Policy covers you (the Policy Owner). This policy covers events that happen after the policy effective date and before policy expiry date.
You can cover up to 5 additional family members at no extra cost including your spouse and 4 children. You can also add more children at a small cost. We, the Company, will inform you of what additional premium to pay.
- The Funeral Expenses Benefit indicates the guaranteed amount of what we shall pay out in the event of the death of any listed family members for each level. In addition, we walk with your family and ensure that your family still has the money to pay for bills and shopping for the next 3 months after the death of the policyholder. We do this by paying a monthly shopping benefit as indicated under Total Upkeep Benefit (amount paid out in 3 monthly installments).
- In case of a death claim and all the benefits have been paid the policy ceases and the surviving family members can choose to take up a new policy.
- When the company is notified of death of any of the family members and supporting documents are provided, we shall pay the burial expenses benefit within 48 hours. If need be, we may ask you to provide further documents relating to the claim.
- The Upkeep benefit for the policyholder shall start paying after certified copy of death certificate has been received by the Company.
Making a claim
- Please note that no full claim payment will be made if the Premiums under this Policy are not up to date.
- For the Company to pay the Funeral Expenses benefit, the following documents will need to be received by the Company either through electronic means like email or physically.
- Filled claim declaration form
- Burial permit
- Either Birth certificates/birth notification for child/Letter from Local Council (LC1)
- For the Company to start the monthly upkeep payments a certified copy of the death certificate will need to be provided by whoever has reported the claim plus the original policy document.
We will provide cover as per the level you chose during application. The same level will apply to the added family members. Here is a quick overview of the levels of cover.
How much are you covered for?
|OPTION||Benefit||Amount||Annual Premium||Annual Premium Per Extra Child|
- For You and your Spouse, you must be between age 18 and 70 years.
- Your Child is covered between 6 months and 18 years or 21 years if your child is a full-time student at a recognized education institution. (We may ask for proof of this).
- When your Child attains the age of 21, he/she will be automatically removed from the Policy.
- When a child is born into the family within the policy period, he/she will be added to the cover upon attaining of at least age of 6 months.
Frequently Asked Question on CIC Kameeza Plan
If you would like to change the level of cover, you may do so in writing within 30 days of receiving this policy document. If you request and we approve changes, we will amend your policy document. That new policy terms will apply from that point to the original expiration date.
The cover ends on the earlier occurrence of:
- The Death of the first family member covered
- The last date of the policy as shown in the policy schedule
- You stop paying for this policy after the end of the grace period.
- When you cancel it.
This is the amount of money you shall pay annually to the Company for the coverage level you have chosen.
- Amount of Premiums
- The annual premiums will not change in the 5 years of cover and will depend on the level of cover chosen.
- However, if you have a new-born and you’ll would like to add to the policy, an additional small premium may be charged.
- Payment of Premiums
Depending on the level of cover you chose, you will be required to pay that level’s Annual Premium.
- Grace Period
At times you may delay in paying your annual premiums. The Grace Period is the time the Company will allow for the premium to be paid while still ensuring that you and your family are covered.
- A grace period of 30 days from the policy premium due date will be allowed for payment of the outstanding annual premiums during which period the Policy will remain in force.
- If Death occurs within the grace period any Premiums outstanding will be deducted from any Funeral Benefits payable.
- If at the end of the grace period, the Premium(s) remain unpaid the policy shall be discontinued, and no benefits are payable thereafter.
No benefits shall be paid under this Policy if a family member’s death is caused by or contributed by any of the following:
- Active participation in war, whether declared, or any act or condition incident to war. War includes civil war, invasion, uprising, civil commotion, strike, labor disturbance, seizing of power, rebellion, or revolution.
- Sabotage means a subversive act committed for political, religious or ideological purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public in fear for such purposes
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel
- Biological and/or chemical warfare
- Intentional self-injury or attempted suicide
- Provoked assault or fighting (except in bona fide self-defense)
- Whilst the member is under the influence of drugs or intoxicating drinks or is suffering from insanity or unsoundness of mind
- Whilst the member is engaged in any illegal or criminal activity, hunting, any sporting activity, naval, military or air force service or operations.